Class 6 Trip – Eden Camp!

Today Class 6 visited Eden Camp. The immersive displays brought history to life, allowing the children to experience the sights, sounds and smells of life on the Home Front and the Front Line. The children watched a puppet show and enjoyed a sing-a-long with stars for the 40s! All the children were impeccably behaved all day long and were a credit to the school!

Have a look at some of the pictures of us in action!

12 Comments »

1. Mrs Wensley Said,

October 10, 2017@ 7:21 pm      Reply

I am so glad that you had a great day today.

What do you know now that you didn’t know before?

• haajirah qasim Said,

October 19, 2017@ 2:40 pm      Reply

I didn’t know that eden camp was a prissoner camp it was such an amazing trip

2. Nora haley Said,

October 11, 2017@ 7:49 am      Reply

Hi Miss Ward I think that school trip was awesome I loved every single bit of yesterday.
    Thankyou Miss Ward for yesterday

From Nora.

3. Ellie Dillon Said,

October 11, 2017@ 3:36 pm      Reply

Hi Mrs Wensley we had an awesome time and 1 fact out of all the facts I didn’t know. Before is ……. I didn’t know that Eden camp was a prisoner of war camp in WW2 and there was 1 hut on that it was so interesting as was the other huts like the fashion in the 40s and some with interactive games. I didn’t like it l LOVED IT !!!!!! p.s Thank you Miss Ward and Mrs ward for planning this above wonderfull trip. !!!!!

4. Laura Hatherly Said,

October 11, 2017@ 4:24 pm      Reply

Yesterday we went to Eden Camp. It wasn’t a boring, ordinary museum just full of boring stuff and glass cabinets. It was a fun, interactive and realistic museum, full of interesting facts and exciting displays. Each hut we visited held a new adventure. Every one recreated what the war would have been like (for both German and English citizens), through smells – horrible ones and nice ones – sounds, features and even mannequins made to look like wartime people. Every step we took was a step further into the history of our world, what made our lives as we know them real; each scene took us back to a time when men, women and children sacrificed their lives for other, future people’s well-being. Even though they mustn’t have wanted to, many did what was best for everyone: going to fight, sending their children to be evacuated. Bravery was brought out in even the worst of people, at a time when their world was falling apart, seemingly beyond repair.

I learnt all the experiences and sights of the war at Eden Camp, not just a bunch of boring facts.

5. Aamina mahmood Said,

October 11, 2017@ 6:14 pm      Reply

I learned all sort of different facts. Did you know that 60 million people died during ww2?

I had the best time ever I loved every bit of it! I would totally go again as it was a great experience. It was the best so far and I can not wait to see what the next topic is!

6. Milli.p Said,

October 12, 2017@ 9:22 pm      Reply

Hi Miss Ward,
    Thank you for teaching me all about world war 2 the school trip was awesome, exciting and fun when we got to go in the air-rade shelters but it was scary because it was so dark!

I loved the puppet show, I liked it because we all sang ‘we’ll meet again’ and I also liked it because we got wet by the water in the bottle when the puppets sprayed us!

I have learnt plenty of facts from you as we walked around, thank you! I love all my gifts that I bought from the gift shop. Thank you for planning all the fun activities in topic and also visiting Eden camp. Thank you Miss Ward, Miss Peel, Miss Keqa and Mr Langan for a lovely day.
    I’m defenetly going to visit Eden camp again

Your sincerely
    Milli Pickering

7. Jaden Gilbert Said,

October 13, 2017@ 4:19 pm      Reply

Miss Ward,
    Eden Camp was the best trip I’ve ever been on (It’s the only trip I’ve been on with you). Thank you for keeping an eye on my with my broken arm! It has been an honour to be in your class! Despite my arm I think that my handwriting is neat! BUT I NEED TO PRACTISE MY TIMES TABLES!!!!!!

Thank you for reading my comment that is bye from me now ✌️✌️✌️

8. annabelleward Said,

October 19, 2017@ 7:37 pm      Reply

Class 6 your comments on this blog post are brilliant! I am so happy that you all enjoyed your first half term in class 6! The work you have produced in your topic books and writing books is amazing ! Have a lovely half term and remember to come back with your scientist heads on …. it’s time to explore evolution and adaptation through the eyes of Charles Darwin, Mary Anning and Alfred Wallace!

P.s get ready for our topic launch day on the first Wednesday back – if we are going to understand how fossils are created, I’ll need the help of 33 Palentologists!

Miss Ward

9. Haajirah Said,

October 20, 2017@ 10:14 am      Reply

Thank you miss ward for such a fantastic trip to Eden camp.

10. Lillyrose Said,

November 16, 2017@ 6:04 pm      Reply

I love Eden camp off off next summer

11. Adiba Said,

December 8, 2019@ 6:25 pm      Reply

Wow. I didn’t go with the people above but my sister did. I went in 2019 with miss Ward! It was so fun!

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI